Hey all! Sorry I’ve been away for a while. I have a few updates to make, especially about my fitness/weight progress!
1. I’M IN THE FREAKING 160s!!!! My highest weight was 184pointsomething last year. As of yesterday morning I am now 167.8! Holy freaking weight loss batman! That’s almost 20lbs! I can’t believe it! This is a huge deal for me. The past couple years I’ve been wanting to lose weight and I would work out hard and just wouldn’t see any progress. I am now consistently losing weight every week ranging from 0.2 – 2 lbs! *fist pump*
What has worked for me:
- Lifting weights like a BOSS. I upped my weight and decreased my reps. I have muscles again! Ladies you CAN lift heavy weights. It helps with weight loss. It really does.
- Cardio. Every time I go to the gym I do some form of cardio. It usually switches between the elliptical or treadmill (aka DREADmill, I hate that f*cking machine). I also learned to run outside! I still hate running with a fiery passion, but I still do it. I’m signing up for another 5k in November.
- Abs & arms. I do ab workouts maybe 1-2 times a week and some arms. A lot of my ab workouts include planking. Gotta love planking! *insert sarcasm here*
2. Medical issues. I’ve been going through medical issues lately that has/will hinder my work outs. I’m trying to get a few workouts here and there, but I may have to have surgery within the next 2 months. I am doing much better now, but I will post details about that later!
3. My clothes are fitting better and I don’t hate looking at myself as much in the mirror as I used to. I’m now able to wear clothes in my closet that used to be too tight! How awesome is that?!
4. I can bench press 120lbs and leg press 400lbs (NOT including the machine. Four 45lb plates and two 10lb plates on each side baby!). My goal is to bench 135lbs. Only 15 lbs to go!
5. I learned that weight loss takes TIME and EFFORT. I literally didn’t see any weight drop for 3 months. THREE MONTHS. And this was 3 months of working out and lifting hardcore. And when I say hardcore, I’m talking 1-1.5 hours of cardio + abs + weights 4x a week! I stopped thinking about weight loss and started thinking about the 5k I ran and the weight I was lifting. My weight loss eventually came as a surprise! A great freaking surprise!
6. I also learned that weight loss doesn’t happen without a good DIET. I’m not even going to call it a diet. It’s more of a lifestyle change. I’m definitely more conscious about what I eat, but I don’t deprive myself of food either. Taco bell? Sure. Candy? Okay. Ice cream? Why not! But I do it all in moderation. I”ll eat fast food maybe 1-2 times a month, candy every few weeks, ice cream maybe 1-2 times a month. It’s all about portion and knowing how to eat. My daily diet usually consists of:
- Breakfast: oatmeal or cereal w/ toast, water
- Lunch: Salad w/ a side of fruit, water
- Dinner: Chicken/fish, pasta/rice, veggies, water (sometimes juice)
- Snacks: Cranberries & almonds, peaches, fruit snacks
- Dessert: ice pops, chocolate milk
So for all those non-believers that you can’t lose weight all I have to say is that YOU CAN DO IT. I honestly thought I was going to stay 184 forever. That no matter how hard I worked out that scale wasn’t going to budge. You have to figure out what works for you and stay motivated! One of my main motivators is my boyfriend. He comes with me to the gym and pushes me hard and I am blessed to have him in my life.
I am so happy right now and I cannot wait to reach my 2nd goal of hitting the 150s! My goal is to reach that by October 31st. Wish me luck!