I have been working out HARD the past month, which includes running (training for my 5k), weight lifting, and abs. I have not lost ANY weight. I am going to assume this is because of my weight lifting and my fat is being replaced with muscle.
For my weight lifting regimen I am doing 3 sets of 5 at 90% of my max, gradually increasing my weight:
- 5/22 – 5/24 Leg Press: 320lbs Bench Press: 80lbs
- 5/29 – 5/31 Leg Press: 320lbs Bench Press: 90lbs
- 6/14 – 6/21 Leg Press: 340lbs Bench Press: 90lbs
For running I am on a schedule, but right now I am running on the treadmill:
- 1 mile at 1.5 incline at 5.5mph
- 12 incline at 5.5mph for 1 minute (3 times)
I am also doing the Tabata Method for the next 3 weeks, along with ab workouts, elliptical cardio, and other weight lifting. I am working out at least 5 days a week!
That’s a lot huh??! I know weight loss is not fast, but I would like to lose these next 20-30 lbs. Though I do see that my legs and arms are getting more defined and I don’t have as much “belly fat” as I used to. I just have to keep pushing along!